Ah, It's Friday again! I need to come up with a Friday song. If you want to check out another Friday Five, hop over to Sarah Dessen's blog! She's gearing up for the release of Along for the Ride in June.
1. Audiobooks - it's been a busy week and if it wasn't for audiobooks I wouldn't have much reading done. I've been listening to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in anticipation of the movie. Hulu has the new HD trailer and it looks great! The audio also makes me want to go back and read the books again. Having the book on my Ipod and on Itunes means I can listen to it anywhere!! I love it.
2. Not Mowing - I hired a mowing company!! Thompson Landscape will be mowing and edging my lawn all summer. With 2 classes and an internship, I wasn't sure how I was going to do all the inside and outside work a house requires! I also have to drive to Indy (6hrs round trip) each week. Add that to singlemomhood and I was starting to freak out! But not anymore! And they will be adding mulch and trimming the bushes! Yeah!
3. @Powells - I sold about 70 books to Powells.com and they gave me some virtual credit. You can choose to get cash if you want, but I knew I would just buy more books so I took the credit. They give you a price quote and if you accept it, they give you a label to send your box or books. Powell's sells used and new books. If you spend $50 - you get free shipping. In my first order I got four books - Anybody Out There?, Fool, Three Girls and Their Brother, and The Summoning. This week I got:
Scribbler of Dreams by Mary E. Pearson - I loved The Adoration of Jenna Fox and wanted to see what else Pearson had written.
Miracle Girls by Anne Drayton and May Vanderbilt - I'm always looking for good YA Christian chick-lit and saw that the second book was coming out and thought I should read this one first!
My Life As A Rhombus by Varian Johnson - I think Black-Eyed Susan suggested this for the Diversity Challenge.
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder - a mom at school suggested it because her very unalike daughters both loved this series.
All of these books are on my Books I Wanna Read list! I also got the first EIGHT books in the Left Behind series and 2 classic novels! And I still have credit left!
4. Itunes Genius - It makes a mix on any song you pick! Right now I'm listening to 25 songs based on the Timbaland remix of OneRepublic's Apologize! Playing right now? Flo Rida's Low (feat. T-Pain).
5. Hulu.com - If I get home too late I watch Chuck on Hulu. I watch back episodes of The Office and 30 Rock. They've got old movies like Three O'Clock High and old episodes of Saturday Night Live and I can watch it anywhere my laptop has a connection!
Ok, that's all I have for tonight! Let me know what you are thinking about today!