The Top Ten Circulated Books
10. Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, 6) by Jeff Kinney, 978-1419-70223-5.
Cabin Fever Event Guide
9. Fish in A Tree by Linda Mullaly Hunt, 978-03991-6259-6
8. The Thing About Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin, 978-17435-3987-3
The Thing About Jellyfish Educator's Guide
7. A Handful of Stars by Cynthia Lord, 978-05457-0027-6
A Handful of Stars Educator's Guide
6. The LEGO book by Daniel Lipkowitz, 978-07566-6693-4
5. Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate, 978-12500-4323-8
Crenshaw Educator's Guide
4. Ghostopolis by Doug TenNapel, 978-05452-1028-7
3. Cardboard by Doug TenNapel, 978-05454-1873-7
2. Sisters by Raina Telgemeier, 978-05451-3206-0
1. Smile by Raina Telgemeier, 978-05455-4060-5
Here's a great
I'm happy that chapter books made the list! After the Mock Newbery Club ended, I booktalked some of our reads to the 3rd and 4th graders. I'm hoping there's a direct correlation! I am pained with the lack of diversity on the list! Definitely a goal for Fall 2016.
Check out Daydream Reader (@NikiOhsBarnes) for more ideas of what the K-4 crowd is reading. We've got some books in common!