|Designed by Jarret J. Krosoczka|
Welcome to the return of
July 1 - July 31, 2013
Last year we launched Summer Throwdown Teachers vs Librarians. We had a friendly competition to see who could read more, the teachers, headed by Jillian (Heise Reads) and Brian (Wyz Reads) or the school librarians headed by Sherry (Library Fanatic) and Kathy , er me! (The Brain Lair).
We had a ton of fun and Jarrett J. Krosoczka (StudioJJK) made a cool logo for the librarians T-shirts! It was great! And each team won a round.
This year we are MIXING IT UP! Jillian and Brian, the brains behind the throwdown, changed some things in their classroom and we want to see how that works on national scale.
So this year, you need to beat the number of books you logged last year! Yes, it's YOU vs YOU! How many books did you read last summer? (AKA I know what you read last summer - new movie idea)
Check out the details:
- Sign up on the spreadsheet (link below) and put your twitter handle and reading goal
- We will add up all these individual goals and that will be our overall target
- The spreadsheet will have a "countdown" in the upper left
- We will also try to beat last year's one-month total of 2,873.25 books read
- Reminder to help with goal setting: we averaged 17.8 books per person last year
- Book counting just got easier: if you read or listen to a book, any book, it counts as one book. So keep in mind what kinds of books you plan to read when setting your personal goal.
- Spreadsheet SIGN UP HERE!
Wow, just think of the books we'll be able to bring back to the classroom in the fall! And yes, we will have some ARCs to giveaway and guest posts too! Stay tuned for more information!
OH YEAH - SEE THAT LOGO? THAT'S THE NEW LEAGUE OF LIBRARIANS T-SHIRT! DESIGNED FOR US BY JARRETT J. KROSOCZKA! PLEASE STOP BY ZAZZLE AND PURCHASE A SHIRT OR MUG!