To read more about our process, check out our joint post over on Nerdy Book Club!
So What's Next for Batty About Books?
Kathy: There are many ways we can go from here! I know, and that is so exciting to me, too! The best part of having a book buddy is getting encouragement to stretch and grow in unexpected ways. Be sure to come by our blogs to see what we tackle next.
- Classic Science Fiction/Fantasy
- MG Science Fiction/Fantasy
- More reading from the Andre Norton list (do they still do that award?)
- Addressing our book gaps (I have so many!) I think we all do, Kathy. I know I tend to read science fiction and fantasy to the exclusion of many other types of novels, though I have tried to branch out more this year by following my own genre requirements for my students.
- Talking more about using the books with students (at least in the last post)
- Giving more specifics about readalikes
- Covers (we talked about doing this in the beginning)
- Graphic Novels (love your pinterest board!)
- Student Recommendations - maybe 1 or 2 a year?
What type of books do you want to see us tackle?
First Batty About Books...
GEEKS, GIRLS AND SECRET IDENTITIES
BY MIKE JUNG!
Check out Mike Jung's blog.
Can't wait to dive into this one! Tune in next week for the start of our discussion and don't forget to check out our Nerdy Book Club post!