Friday, June 26, 2009
Friday Five - June 26
Hello All! I hope you all had a wonderful week. Mine has been very busy. I've only had time to finish 2 books so far this week. I drive to/from Indy for class tomorrow and am hoping to get an audio book in!
1. Sadness - can u believe both Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett died this week? It makes me feel old as I grew up listening to Michael as part of the Jackson 5 (yes, I'm that old) and watching Charlie's Angels. I have a pic of me and 2 teacher friends dressed alike and doing the classic Angels pose. I'll have to try and find it.
2. ADD Meds? - This has been a tough year for me and it's only June. I'm ADD and my meds have lost their effectiveness. I've known this for awhile but it was really brought home when a friend mentioned that normally I'm keeping him on track and he wanted to know what was wrong! I use a non-stimulant and am reluctant to go to a stimulant so have been ignoring the problem. Anyone have any good stories/websites before I make an appt?
3. Game On Diet - Heard about this via @BookClubGirl and was intrigued. I was reading the book online and decided to form a team and join the challenge. Reading is not a full-body sport! These past 3 yrs have seen some weight increases that I only fully acknowledged in a pic of me last week. Yes, I knew it was happening but I hadn't seen it! I'm very adept at avoiding mirrors! Anywho, we will be going against 2 other teams formed by She Is Too Fond Of Books. Look for our posts on Monday!
4. Contests - I am running contests each Monday until I don't know when. I start back full-time August 10 so at least until then. I have some ideas of books I will be giving away. Check out the link and tell me what you think. Also, take a look in the left sidebar for a few other contest ideas!
5. Book Sales - @myfriendamy and @lenoreva are running an experiment to see if book blogging actually increases book sales. They are asking u to buy a copy of Beth Kephart's Nothing But Ghosts. My Friend Amy has a review and info about the drive and Presenting Lenore has an interview and a review. They have some really nice prizes. If you were buying the book anyway, why not do it now and enter their contest?!?
Enjoy your weekend. I have a few reviews coming up, including one for an abandoned book! Which book couldn't I finish? Tune in to find out! LOL!
ps - someone asked about those nav tabs at the top but I can't find ur email but if you go here, you will find great tips on that sorta stuff, specially since GoofyGirl actually did mine!